Thursday, January 19, 2012

Eggnog

I LOVE it so much I wish I could have it everyday enjoy a good cup of Eggnog when it is in stores, but it totally bums me out when we his summer and I can't have eggnog or you know when it's February and the stores no longer carry it.

I have tried my hand at making eggnog before the first time when I was in college so about 7 years ago.  I think this is similar to the recipe I tried http://coffeetea.about.com/od/eggnog/r/cookednog.htm doesn't matter whatever I did it was a total fail and I vowed to never make eggnog again, I decided it was NOT possible to make it at home.

Then a couple years later I was at a friends house and they served me some eggnog, so good and rich.  I asked for the recipe and it was something like icecream with milk or cream and some seasonings, but I never had all the ingredients on hand at the same time, so I never made it.

THEN this year...

This came along in my reader http://inashoe.com/2011/12/4-moms-favorite-holiday-recipes-linky/  and there was a recipe for effortless eggnog.

I had all the ingredients on hand and it was delicious.  Even better it was Cheaper and Fresher than what I could have got in the store.


Effortless Eggnog

I love eggnog and have no qualms about the raw eggs in traditional recipes, especially since most of our eggs come from our own hens.  However, this recipe is super easy, delicious, and satisfies those who are concerned about raw eggs.
  • 1/2 gallon milk, divided
  • 1 package instant French vanilla pudding mix
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
In a large bowl, whisk 3/4 cup milk and pudding mix until smooth. Whisk in the sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir in remaining milk. Refrigerate until serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, this really means a lot to me!