Thursday, September 15, 2011

Mango Jam

The other day I was given a Mango.  The last time I bought a mango we waited to long and it became mush.  I was determined not to allow that to happen again.  I was trying to figure out what to make with it and we ran out of the strawbery jam I talk about here.  So, I decided to look for a recipe to make more jam and came across this.  It was really easy, after having made the Strawberry Jam I was pretty confident I could do it.

I used...

one Mango
1 1/2 cups of sugar
3/4 cup of water

Directions

I peeled the Mango, and I did not read the recipe closely so I just cut it up and put it in the pan.  (I would definitely recomend boiling or steaming it and then pureeing it. 

So after you puree the mango you put it in the pan with the sugar and water and boil it.

I just boiled it until it became thick and then put it in the jars.

It came out looking like this...



Even the kiddos like it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, this really means a lot to me!